We ran a Kickstarter campaign to fund prizes for the best visions for Volume 2 of Life Plus 2 Meters. The 16 judges were Kickstarter backers, authors from Volume 1 (not submitting to Volume 2), and followers of this project.
The judges had 33 diverse and interesting visions to read and vote on, and here are the results:
- Daniel Gilbert for A Marsh Arab’s story
- Emma J. Myatt for Amplitude
- John Sayer for Data recovery unit – subsection culture
- Kalila Eve Morsink for Blue death
- Finbarr Swanton for All empires fall
- Ed Dolan for 2100: Hot, crowded and rich
Best by under 26 years old*
- Joes de Natris for Climate-charged democracy?
- Jack Cooper for Seventy metres and September
- Celia Daniels for We drown with history
Best by author from Economically Developing Country*
Winners will receive US$100 for first place, $50 for second place, and $25 for third place.
We are now moving into editing and improving all 33 visions (you may like some that did not win more than some that did, so please explore!) for publication in Volume 2, which should — if all goes well — come out in December.
Subscribe to the newsletter if you want to get updates on the project.
* These authors needed to submit evidence to be in this category.